Sunday 6 April 2008

Life in Yanbu - After 2 years

It is almost 2 years living in the kingdom, now I started to enjoy to stay in this city. Not a big town, well-planned with proper housing area and maintenance department to ensure city cleanliness, well-facilitate with club houses for man and woman(it houses gym and swimming pool) with low yearly fees. The drawback only its limited number of shopping area. Somehow, it is not a minus point to me since I don't like to shop a lot.Usually people here used to shop in Jeddah which took only 3-4 hours ride(ONLY???? some people yeah they think it is only 3-4 hours) or Madinah(2 hours ride) .


Living wise I have no problem, but when it is time to deal with the authority(coming in and going out from the kingdom, schooling process, dealing with utilities services oughhh... it will be a real headache). I can say I am a lucky(Alhamdulillah) born as Malaysian Muslim and working with the Royal Comission(RC- half government bodies assigned to develop Kingdom two industrial cities, Jubail and Yanbu). These two factors really help me out if I had any difficulties with the authorities or to deal with them. I dunno if I am in other people shoes.

When you work with RC, they will acknowledge thru your certificate. But to work out within the neighborhood, they would not understand your cert. They will recognized from where you are came from and for whom you work with.


Yesterday, I found out I can enjoy the recreational facilities around the "حيءة"(the residential area) with minimum yearly fees(SR120 per annum for the whole family member). Thats include the swimming pool and the gymnasium(the operation time is almost everyday). I had started my first trial yesterday. It was good. I can't get this opportunity if I am still working in Malaysia - due to time constraint. Worked with private sector in Malaysia especially in KL- its working hour(included travelling hour) was not "friendly". 6 days a week( 8.00 a.m-7.00 p.m - it was not acceptable for me, a mother with 4 growing up children). Before I came here, I had already quit my job and decided to take a break to raise up the kids. I had started to think to set up business from home where I can be close to my children. It does not matter if the business is not utilizing my specialization. Soon, God knows better, after 10 month, I got the offer and hubby gave me full support and we came here with only ONE main reason - to perform Hajj. He said " why don't we give a try, only for 2 years and we also can perform Hajj at the same time.Beside our kids are still small, we will not worry for their schooling session yet". So, yeah.. why not.
Wether we realize or not, now we are here almost 2 years and will complete soon my first contract. Think to sign for another year? Lets see..............


No comments: