Thursday 17 January 2008

Searching a New Car

We are in a process of searching a new car. New but used "family car". With 4 children and one maid at the back, they look like a can of sardine. We need a 7 seater car said my wife one day. Yeahh I agree.
We went to Madinah Haraj (used car centre) last week and Yanbu Haraj today. We need to be very carefull when dealing with these salesman. All cars are in good condition says them, although our eyes didn't agree with them.
We did found a good Mazda MPV model 2000. Low mileage and good engine condition but the body have a lot of scratched. My wife and I like the car very much and also the children. We put aside the scratches as it will not effect the car performance. Anyway, car in Saudi Arabia is usually like that. What we regret was, the price was too high. It is SR30,000.00.
My friend saw the same car last week and had told me about it. On that time, the price was only SR25,000.00 and yet still can be negotiated. Now we wonder why the price suddenly increase.
We will go to Jeddah Haraj next week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm also looking for a good used car here in Yanbu. I am interested to know what you think about the cars for sale in Yanbu. Where do you think the best place to get a used car is in Yanbu? I am also interested in going to the used car dealers in Jeddah. My students said taht there is a large dealer just this side of Jeddah that is located in the desert and it has many cars imported from the USA. Are you going there? How does one get there?

Good luck and I hope you get a quality car.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi chris,

thanks visiting my blog. Alhamdulillah, we have a good luck this time. Yesterday evening, the used car dealer decided to lower the car price to SR 26K. That's good enough for me. We have decided to buy that car and today we start processing all the required documents.

To you Chris, insyaAllah you will find a good car one day. Happy Hunting

Anonymous said...

I am wondering...did you buy the car from the used car dealer on the main road not too far from teh Mitsubishi dealer? That's where I went to look at cars. I saw a Ford Explorer for 40000SR. Do you know if there are any other used car dealers? Where?

I have a friend who works at the university in Royal Comission who speaks Arabic and he is going to help me.

Did the dealer let you take it for a test drive?

I hope it is a good car for you.

Isn't it weird how 2 people in Yanbu can meet on the internet???

chris

shah said...

Hi chris,

I went to Haraj (used car dealer) behind the Riyad Bank.

Yes, they let me tets drive the car. It is good if you have someone can speak arabic accompanying you.

There are also used car for sale infront of STAR market. If you are looking for SUV, that will be a good place.

Let me guest, you work in YIC, right?

Unknown said...

wer

Unknown said...

I am having a corolla 2004 model for sale. Car has run 1.9 lacs km.

Car in in excellent condition with all new tyres.

Any genuine interested buyer can contact me in email.

By the way , i know the prangs of going to harage in Yanbu as I have myself gone thru it.

I stay in RC .