Sunday 16 September 2007

First week of Ramadhan

Working hours during ramadhan has been shorthened from 8 hours to 6 hours daily. Either you come to work at 7.00 am and go back at 1.00 pm in the afternoon or come at 10.00 am untill 4.00 pm.

This is great. I choose option one, I can go back early and then, definitely go to sleep. No, I will not doing that. I will go back early and then spend my quality times with my daughters. That sounds like a good father. Hehehehe.

Today is the fourth day of Ramadhan. Alhamdulillah, everythings goes well and my son start his first fasting today. He told us, all his muslim classmates but him were fasting and he felt very embarrased. Actually he want to start it earlier, even during the first day of Ramadhan but on that day, went to Mekah for Umrah and we afraid that he could not make it due to long hours journey. And yesterday, he had a swimming lesson at the school so today is the best starting date for him.

He performed his first Umrah on the first day of Ramadhan. We did't planned it at first place. Everythings comes up to my mind when I saw a young boy wearing Ihram at the Miqat. Suddenly I asked him whether he want to wear Ihram like me and perform umrah and the answer is "Yes". Umrah ritual is not an aliens to him. He used to follow us Tawaf and Sai'e but this time he will do it again in Ihram.

Alhamdulillah, praise to Allah, everything goes well and we had a pleasant journey.

No comments: